Building Permits are required for any structure that is being built or modifications to structures or additions. For questions please contact City Hall at (316)772-5151.

Building Permit must be filled out and submitted to Sedgwick City Hall for approval.



If you have a sprinkler system that is attached to City water, you must have a backflow prevention device to prevent cross-contamination of our municipal water source. These devices must be checked annually and the inspection form turned into City Hall. Form available at City Hall or click here to download form. Print form and send to:

City of Sedgwick
511 N. Commercial, PO Box 131
Sedgwick, KS 67135


Sales and Solicitation Application

On December 1, 2014, Sedgwick City Council approved Ordinance #834 amending the code regarding door-to-door sales, transient merchants and other peddlers within the Sedgwick city limits. The city takes great care in protecting the privacy and safety of our residents.

If you wish to continue soliciatation in our community, please return the completed for with required photocopies and fees to:

City of Sedgwick
511 N. Commercial Ave.
PO Box 131
Sedgwick, KS 67135

Applicants will be notified of approval or denial within 10 days of receipt of application.